Tuesday, May 26, 2009

28 Weeks and THIRD Trimester!!!

I can't believe that I even just typed those words...third trimester!!! I can't believe that I have just entered the last trimester of pregnancy already! Just last night Derek and I were talking about how we can't believe that it has been SEVEN months already! Time is really flying by now:)

From this point on I will be going to see Dr. Jaki every two weeks until week 36 and then I will go every week until I am due. I just went to my 28 week appointment today, and it went really well. I gained 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks, for a total of 20lb weight gain! (Ha! And I thought I would never gain weight!) My fundal height is 28cm, which is right on target! We listened to his heartbeat and it sounded great:)

I have officially become the belly touching target at work...where everyone wants to touch my belly! Its actually kinda funny to me because I don't mind at all, I just think its neat how people are so curious about what it feels like:) Everyone keeps saying it looks like I stuffed a melon up my shirt and everyone wants to feel! Most people ask if they can touch but not the patients!!! They just start touching and asking questions...really cute! There is one very special 5 year old patient that I have taken care of off and on for the last two years, and I got to see her this week when she came in for a check-up. She always comes up to the floor to "visit her nurses" when she is at the hospital. It is always such a joy to see her, especially when she is healthy and able to show off the fact that she is:) She came to see us the other day and I saw her just as I was walking towards the elevators. She came running to me with her arms wide open yelling "There's my nurse Michele and her baby who loves me!!!!" She gave me a big hug and told me how well she was. It is always the best feeling to see my patients healthy! (About a month ago when she was in the hospital and sick, she was sitting on my lap one day and she got to feel the baby move. Ever since then she would always tell people that the baby loved her because he moved when she talked to him...such a sweet girl:) This is one of the many reasons I love my job.

Over the long weekend Derek and I were able to get the baby nursery cleared out and able to set up the crib! (Well Derek set up the crib, I just helped hold things;) I have always looked forward to the day where Derek and I would put together our babies bed...I know it sounds kinda corny but it is something I have always wanted to do:) Thanks babe for doing all this work, especially with a sore knee! I realize that we will not be using the crib for a while but I just was so excited to see it all together, especially with the new bedding inside!

Everything just seems to be working out and I have been so thankful. Sometimes I think that it is all too good to be true...I got to marry my best friend and have the worlds best husband...We were able to buy our first home together where we will start our family...we have the love and support of our amazing families...we were blessed with this pregnancy and my and the babies health...what more could I ask for? I really thank God each and every day that I am so blessed. I know that there are so many people out there who are not as fortunate, and I don't want to take one day for granted.

Now on to baby Moore's activity...It is non-stop! He is always moving around and ready to show off his moves when anyone wants to feel! The only time I don't feel him moving around is when I am up moving. As soon as I am sitting he is all over the place! I feel most of the jabs and kicks on my right side, so it must be his little legs:) Derek is able to feel him a lot now too:)

Baby Development This Week:
Baby is now around 2 and a half pounds and about 15 inches, the size of a Chinese cabbage. Baby is busy gaining body fat to prepare for the outside world. His eyesight is rapidly developing and he even has eyelashes now:)


1 comment:

  1. I am dying to see pictures of the nursery. Please put some up. I love the birth plan and love how thankful you are :)

    ReplyDelete