Thursday, September 2, 2010

Holy Toddler

I think it is fair to say that Gavin is really turning into a toddler. I can't BELIEVE that I am saying the word toddler! Just this morning Gavin refused his liquid vitamin (Who wouldn't?). Every morning he takes his vitamin, no problem. He actually opens his mouth for it and drinks it like its candy. Today? Nope! When he saw it coming, he looked at me, grinned, shook his head no, and RAN away from me! WHAT?! I could not help but laugh. That was a mistake too. This scenario ended with me laying him on the kitchen island, holding his head straight, and forcing the vitamin in his mouth. After THREE TIMES of spitting it out, it was finally down. Something that used to be so easy, and cute, was now a nightmare. Sheesh! I have a feeling this is just the beginning.

Gavin is running all over the house. He is wanting to climb on everything. Yesterday I came into the family room to find him carrying a blanket, dropping it right by the side of the couch, and using it as a step stool to CLIMB up on the couch. He was so extremely proud of himself, and I could not help but smile with him. Another mistake. Now he thinks its fun to climb up on the couch. Seriously, it is so hard to discipline this child.

Speaking of discipline. I have been having to say the word no a lot lately when it comes to a few things. Sticking hands in toilet? NO! Sticking hands in trash? NO! Eating dirt, sand, and hairballs? NO! Walking into the street? NO! Right now, these are the most important ones...He will listen 25% of the time, and sometimes he will cry and want to be held afterwards. He never cries after daddy says no....Hmm, I wonder who is the push-over? Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment