Thursday, September 9, 2010

Poison Control

poison control lady-Can I help you?

me-Yes, Umm my son just ate a packing peanut...you know, one of the peanuts used in boxes to pack things?

pc lady-Do you mean a Styrofoam packing peanut?

me-Yes, that's it.

ps lady-Well, they are typically not toxic. Is he choking?

me-No, he just ate it. That's all. I just was not sure if they had some kind of chemical in them.

pc lady-Well, not typically, so he should be fine.

me-Typically?

pc lady-Most of them are non-toxic now. No need to worry.

me-Most of them? What would happen if it was toxic?

pc lady-There is no need to worry, he should be fine.

me-(thinking, why do you keep saying "typically" and "most"....freaking me out!) OK, thank you very much!

*Gavin usually consumes and ingests things that do not concern me....well at least to call poison control. Leaves, bark, sand, rocks, bugs, paper, such things from nature....well most of the time. So today when he ate an entire Styrofoam peanut (pretty large one), I thought that could not be good! It has been 15 hours, and hes not sick, so I guess it was a NON-toxic one!




3 comments:

  1. oh gavin! life is definitely not boring with you in it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was a non-toxic peanut! thank you for the funny post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for small favors!

    Love Debbie

    ReplyDelete