Friday, April 10, 2009

21 weeks

Today makes me 21 weeks pregnant and I feel great. Really great. After the big ordeal we went through last week I have been on cloud 9 knowing that everything is OK with our little baby. For now I am just trying to enjoy this middle part of the pregnancy and boy is it nice. I am not nauseous, not tired all the time, and feel pretty good. I feel like it is getting harder to get dressed and put on socks and shoes...bending over is just not that comfortable and my center of gravity is a little off. I feel very clumsy lately, always running into things or almost falling over when I am trying to get dressed. I have also been a little forgetful, and its kind of funny! I made it all the way to Bed Bath & Beyond the other day in my slippers...and the funny thing is that I had already stopped at the dry cleaners and Costco....woops!

There is a pretty big difference in the amount that I feel him moving around this week from last. Last week I felt little movements here and there a few times a day. Now I am feeing him multiple times throughout the day! I feel him the most when I am hungry....I guess he is hungry too:) Right before the ultrasound I had last Thursday I decided to eat and drink something so that he may wake up and move around for the "pictures." I stopped at Starbucks and got a piece of cinnamon coffee cake (and water, not coffee)....thought that would do it....and I was wrong! I ate it while we were waiting for the appointment and as soon as we got in, he was sound asleep and not moving. The technician nudged him a few times and he just stayed in the same position. I thought all the sugar from the coffee cake would have woken him up! My appointment on Tuesday was at 10:30 and because I was so nervous I was not paying attention to the fact that I had not eaten since 7:30am (I know, its only 3 hours, but I have been eating every 2 for the past 2 months) So as soon as the ultrasound started he was moving around like crazy! So I guess he really depends on my every 2 hour eating schedule...must be just like me:)

Today we got our very first baby shower gift in the mail. Erica is throwing me a shower in May and has already sent the gift!!! (She is never anything but early or on time:) It is the mini co-sleeper bassinet that we will put in our bedroom for the first few months. It is from Erica, Grandma (Mom), and Great-Grandma DB. Erica told me that before Grandma passed away she let Erica know that she wanted to go in on a gift for the baby...I thought that was so sweet. Even though Grandma was so sick, she was thinking about the baby...Thank you Erica, Mom, and Grandma, we love it!

Throughout the past week it has been really hard not being able to talk to Grandma. There are times when I would just love to call her up and talk. She would always be able to calm me down if I was worried, mostly because we shared the same worry gene...I am pretty sure she worried just as much as me. Sometimes that is what helps the most. I know that she is taking care of me and the baby from up above, but sometimes I just miss her voice. I am so lucky that I have my mom and sister to talk to every day...I know they miss her too. 

Baby Development This Week:
Baby now weighs around 3/4 of a pound and is 10.5 inches long, the length of a carrot:) He is moving around a lot more and responds to my voice and movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment