Thursday, April 30, 2009

~6 Months~

Today makes me 6 months pregnant! Six months sounds like so long, I can't believe it! On Wednesday I had my 24 week check up with Dr. Jaki and everything went really well. So far I have gained 14 pounds! She is very pleased with the current weight gain and says that everything is going great! My fundal height (distance from pubic bone to the top of the uterus) measured 25 cm which is right on target. (Fundal height should equal the number of weeks you are pregnant) Next week (25 weeks) I need to go back to the lab to do the glucose screening test which screens for gestational diabetes. I need to drink a little bottle of orange sugar water and have my blood drawn....fun huh! Other than that everything is going pretty well! I leave on Wednesday to go back to Cincinnati for the week, and I have my baby shower next weekend!!! I am so so SO excited to see everyone and just can't wait:)

In other news, Derek and I have decided that we have officially gone "green" here at the Moore household~! We recently finished building our 2 gardens and planted lots of veggies in them over the weekend! We will have a lot of homegrown produce soon...We also have a new addition to the side yard...a compost bin! We have started our own compost and have been putting all of our fruit/veggie scraps, yard waste, and shredded paper in it. Derek's mom got it for us (Thanks Dayle!) and we have been using it so much already! Derek says he has no idea what has gotten into me...I have been recycling, composting, saving water with shorter showers, gardening, and even talking about cloth diapers! WHAT! I know, something has happened, no idea what, but I kinda like it! I also think I have started the "nesting" phase a little early because I have been cleaning out and organizing EVERYTHING! I have been going through every closet and every room and trying to organize the stuff and get rid of things we don't use or need. I just want everything to be put away and clean before baby gets here...(Those of you who know me know that I love to organize so thats nothing new:) We cleaned out the garage over the weekend so now we are able to fit one car in it...we are still working on the other side for Derek's truck. We also just had a brand new wooden fence put in on the side of our yard. The old one was really bad and was almost falling over...so we went in on a new one with our neighbors. It makes the backyard look so nice, ready for summer!

Baby Development This Week:
Baby is now over a pound (gained 4 ounces since last week:) and as long as an ear of corn! His lungs are starting to produce surfactant which will help the air sacs inflate once outside the womb. He is moving around a lot, mostly when I sit at work and when I lay down at night.



No comments:

Post a Comment