Thursday, April 23, 2009

23 Weeks + Hot Weather!

I can't believe that I am almost 6 months pregnant! It seems like yesterday when I was imagining baby Moore as a little seed...now he is over a pound and moving around all the time:) This past week it has been really hot here in Northern California...a few days it was in the 90's!!! So now that the weather is warm, I find myself in desperate need of some summer maternity clothes! All I have to fit me is maternity pants, Capri's, and long sleeve shirts...and those are not fun in 90 degree weather! A few days ago I was off work and trying to clean the house and do some yard work...So I put on what I normally put on when I am doing these things...my UA shorts and a tank top. Now imagine me in my paw print shorts (That are almost 10 years old) and a tank top that no longer fits over my entire belly.....yep, (gasp) white trash! I came in the house and realized that I looked pretty crazy walking around the yard with my belly hanging out! Its a good thing that it was a weekday and none of the neighbors were around:) 




This week has been a pretty good week at work because I have been one on and one off...Working every other day is a lot easier than my usual 2 or 3 in a row....I imagine that it will only get harder from this point on to work 3 in a row...so hopefully I won't have to! I think the most difficult issue that I have been dealing with is the need to pee about every 30 minutes! I always make a point to keep hydrated while at work because I am on my feet all day and I know how important it is. So because I drink so much and the baby is sitting so low, I pee all the time! I feel like the baby is squeezing my bladder with his hands:) Everyone at work has been commenting on all the pregnancies because there are so many of us...10 out of 50 nurses on the unit are pregnant. We all joke around and say that it is in the water we drink from the break room. Now its pretty funny how people are avoiding the water in the break room;) Another thing that I have noticed is that everyone who knows or finds out I am pregnant touches my belly! I have always heard people say that this happens, and some people don't like others to touch their belly...I could care less! I just think its interesting how people start touching:) I don't mind at all, in fact when hes moving around people want to feel it too...why not?!?! 

I go for my 6 month appointment next week, and can't wait to hear his little heartbeat! (Update from last appointment: Dr. Jaki does not recommend that we do another ultrasound until the routine 30 week one, unless we would like to. No thanks, we are very happy with how things are going and content with feeling him move and hearing his heartbeat...perfect for us:) 

Baby Development This Week:

Baby is now over 11 inches and weighs over a pound...the size of a large mango! Every once in a while I can see him moving underneath my clothes...Love this! His sense of movement is well developed and he knows when I am moving around and recognizes my voice. 




1 comment:

  1. Hot stuff!!!! I love how you posted those pics! I bet you never imagined when you got those shorts 10 yrs ago you would be wearing them when 6 months pregnant in hot Cali weather!

    ReplyDelete