Saturday, December 12, 2009

{Gavin 17 Weeks)

Gavin is now over 4 months old:) He is officially 17 weeks this week. Gavin is changing so much each day, and he seems like he is getting "older" so fast!

This week he has started to really fuss when you put him down or leave the room. He lets you know that he does not want to be alone, and fusses until you pick him up. At first I thought it was so cute how he did this...but its not so cute when I am trying to get things done;) I usually just strap him in the carrier and wear him around...he loves to do dishes, vacuum, and make the bed with me!

He is also always sucking on something...his hands, Sophie the giraffe, his sleeve, my shoulder, or any toy you give him.

He smiles ALL the time now, and all it takes is a grin from up and he starts to flap his arms, kick his legs, and grins ear to ear. It is so cute, I cannot stop kissing his chubby cheeks when he does this:)

Another new thing he does is squeal really loud when we are changing him or giving him a bath. He just gets so excited and can't control his little body:)

Bath time is still his favorite part of the day...but now about half of the bath water ends up on the counter top...its like he it trying to swim:)

Since I have given up diary in my diet, he has been a very good eater. He breastfeeds every three hours and really enjoys it now. No more kicking and pulling away, no more crying when he is trying to eat. I can tell he really feels more comfortable now, and he eats so well. I guess this is what it is supposed to be like, I never knew! Now every time he eats it is very enjoyable for both him and me. I am cherishing this time we have together, now its one of my favorite times of the day:) There has not been anymore blood in his poop, which is really good, and makes me feel so much better. I am still trying to figure out what I can eat to make sure I get enough calories...I am trying very hard to eat and eat and eat...without dairy, most of the stuff I eat is very healthy (good I know, but hard to eat a lot of calories when you are eating fruit all day!) So I have found some snack food that I can eat as well as all the healthy stuff. (Oreo's, pop-tarts, and wheat thins to name a few). Oh, and Smart Balance butter spread is DAIRY FREE~! Toast has become a new favorite breakfast food! (Fun...I know:)

I start work TOMORROW, and have really been trying hard not to think about it. I am not sure if that will make it harder or not for me tomorrow...but I just don't want to think about it! Every once in a while I prepare myself that I WILL be leaving him for 14 HOURS...still sounds/feels hard. Ughh...I hope and pray that I don't have a nervous breakdown. I know this is all my issue...Gavin will be more than fine, he will be great. Derek is actually off work the next 2 weeks, so he will be the SAD (Stay at home Dad:) Gavin loves spending time with his Dad, so he will be fine...then after Dad goes back to work, Grandma will be coming over to spend the days with Gavin...and they have a great time too...It is just ME who has a hard time!

AND the best news...last night Gavin only woke up ONE time and only cried for a FEW minutes! Such a good boy:)


No comments:

Post a Comment