Thursday, December 17, 2009

Night 2

OK, I knew that a good night on the first night HAD to mean a bad night the second. Just knew it! Poor G...

6:15pm-Bedtime
7:15-Woke up, fussed, back asleep after 10 min
1:30am-Woke up and CRIED on and off until 5AM!!!

We never went in, thought he would just cry and go back to sleep. I feel HORRIBLE, like I am a VERY BAD MOTHER for letting him cry so much. The point of this is to teach him to fall asleep on his own, without us, because he has been waking up 10 times a night and can't get back to sleep. So, we are doing this for him. And US...Because it is no fun with NO ONE having any sleep. But, I still feel just horrible. Depressed that my baby is having to cry. So why not just get up and go to him a million times a night??? Oh yeah, I have to go back to work next week and work really really really long days. Ugh, what to do.

His pediatrician is the one who laid out this "bedtime plan" with us, and it is all under her advice, but I STILL FEEL HORRIBLE!

I really wish I did not have to go back to work. Really really really wish...but I do. *sigh

Its a very good thing Gavin does not really remember the crying, because he woke up from his nap with a HUGE grin and happy happy mood. Such a sweet thing:)

1 comment:

  1. You are doing what is best for your baby. Stay strong and the whole family will be happy.

    ReplyDelete