Saturday, December 26, 2009

{Gavin 19 Weeks}

I can't believe that Christmas is over all ready! Seems like it goes by so fast....

Christmas morning we went to church and Gavin loved it. He loves hearing all the pretty music, and I think he recognizes some of it because I sing it to him each night...Silent Night, Away in a Manger, and Hark the Harold Angels are a few that we sing. The mass was a beautiful one, and the message was even better. "There is room in my heart for others...for the sick, for the needy, for those who hurt..." This is the message that the priest was speaking of, and it was so meaningful, especially this time of year. It is not about the presents, or the lights, or the decorations...Christmas is about caring for others...something we are able to do because Jesus was born and died for us. I hope each year we are able to teach Gavin the true meaning of Christmas...

We spent Christmas Day at Derek's cousin Zana's house in Dublin. We had a great time seeing the Moore family and introducing Gavin! As usual, EVERYONE could not believe how cute he was and kept telling us so. I know I am biased, but I really do think he is a pretty cute baby;)

Anyways, we had a very delicious dinner and Gavin was so good the entire time. He had a hard time Christmas night(could not fall asleep and stay asleep) and we know it was because he was just overtired and overwhelmed with all the excitement of Christmas...lots of new people:)

Today, Gavin is 19 weeks old, and I was very lucky to get the day off work! I have been soaking up every free minute with my boys:)

No comments:

Post a Comment