Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First Night

Last night was the first night that GAVIN SLEPT THE ENTIRE NIGHT WITHOUT EATING OR BEING HELD/ROCKED/OR PICKED UP!

We made the decision yesterday to put him to bed when he normally goes down (between 6-7pm) and then he was going to stay there until 5am! I know it sounds really harsh, but it needed to be done. We were both exhausted and have been for 4 months. So, even though it was very hard (one of the hardest things...but I am learning there a lot of these) we did it!

Here is what he did:

Asleep (Not swaddled) at 6:30pm
Woke up, cried for 45 min at 7:20pm
Fussed for 30min at 10pm
Fussed for 20min at 12am
Fussed for 30min at 4am
Woke up at 5am and I breastfed him!

*The fussing was NOT CRYING! He was just moaning, groaning, talking, sucking his hands, and complaining. Again, NOT CRYING:)

He woke up very well rested and very happy...so did we! (sort of, I was still up most of the night listening to him fuss and waiting for him to fall back asleep...and then I would very quietly check on him to make sure he was OK once he fell asleep:)

We are going to stick to this routine, and hope it can work! I know there are still going to be many hard and sleepless nights ahead, but if it can work, we will do it!

Totally off subject, Derek just came in the office while I was writing this:
Me:(typing this post and I hear someone {Derek} breathing down my shoulder) Ahem, what are you doing babe?
Derek:Umm, I am reading your blog baby!
Me:What, you NEVER read my blog! You have like no idea whats in here...
Derek:I know I don't read your blog, that's because I AM LIVING IT! Hehe


No comments:

Post a Comment