Thursday, December 17, 2009

Home for Christmas

Oh, I knew I was going to get a little sad when Christmas time was near. This will be the first Christmas I will spend without my family...First Christmas I will not be at "home" (My Cincinnati home that is:) I am so happy we were lucky enough to be there over Thanksgiving...but it is still not the same. Then I get thinking about how much fun we had with the kids together. My sister is my best friend and I always looked forward to the day that our children would grow up together...I think my heart breaks a little each time I think about the relationship that Gavin does not get to have with his cousin (Soon to be 2 cousins:) by us living across the country. I grew up pretty close to all my cousins (lots of them) and always thought my children would have the same. Now that we have kids (almost the same ages) it makes me yearn to be back home now more than ever. *sigh* Maybe one day.

I think the lack of sleep is finally catching up to me. I just miss my family, friends, familiar faces, and small town feeling of Cincinnati. I better go curl up on the couch with my hubby. He always makes me feel better:) Oh and so do the 20 Oreo's that I am about to eat! (Dairy free of course!)

2 comments:

  1. We miss you a whold bunch also and We think of you each and every day. We are so lucky to have cell phones so we can talk forever everyday. This will also be my first Christmas without all my children but you will always be with me in spirit and thoughts. I love you so much.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feeling is more than mutual, but we would never hold it against you (only against Derek, just kidding we love him too). By the time our kids are old enough to remember playing together maybe they WILL be together :)

    ReplyDelete