Sunday, January 31, 2010

First Food!

This morning we gave Gavin his first taste of rice cereal! I am not so sure he really liked it...not sure he really knew what to do. I made some homemade organic brown rice cereal and added some breast milk to make it thin. I really can't wait to introduce more solids and can't wait to make them myself. I did a LOT of research about baby foods while I was on bedrest and decided that I would make all of Gavin's food. I just think that there are so many benefits to giving an infant "real" food opposed to the jarred stuff. (Plus it is very easy to do and will save $!) There will be no preservatives, no additives, and it will be organic. We buy mostly organic anyways, but I will be sure to give G mostly organic. I also am excited because the produce box we get each week has tons of organic veggies and we will be able to give Gavin all the veggies and fruits we cook to eat! I even made a "baby food" binder filled with recipes and ways to make homemade baby food. (One of the projects I actually finished while on bedrest:)

So here is Mr. Gavin having his first taste of food!



1 comment:

  1. How cute but I am not sure he likes his food. Looks like he would just rather have the breast. I can not wait to feed him when I come. Love,
    GMA

    ReplyDelete