Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Only God knows why...

I am feeling so sick right now. I called home today to talk to my Mom and got the news that my brother-in-law Scott's dad died suddenly this morning. He died in his home while working out. My heart sank when I heard this. I cannot believe it, no one can. I just feel sick to think that this could happen so fast, so sudden, just like that. My heart hurts for his family. For his wife. For his kids and his grandkids. He was a very sweet man and amazing with his grandkids. I just keep thinking of them...

So today I held Gavin a little more. Hugged him a little harder. Kissed him a million more times. Told Derek I loved him many extra times. Told my Mom I loved her each time I talked to her. Thought about how my life and the people in it are not guaranteed. Thought about how there is no way to ever know what tomorrow brings. I thought about how we all take our life for granted sometimes. We don't think "it could happen to us" and we get caught up in silly things that should not matter. Today I tried to remember that we are put on this earth by God, and God is the one who will take us away. I tried to find comfort, but it is hard. I believe that God gives us our life so that we can do great things. He may only give us a short life. He may give us a long life. I don't know why things happen the way they do. I continue to have questions. In the mean time I will stop and remember that I only have this day. I will make the best of each and every moment I am here on this earth.

I pray that Scott and his family are able to find some peace and comfort in each other as they go through this terrible time. I don't have many words to say...I do have my prayers.

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful are your words and I need to give you a very long hug. Love you and Miss you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete