Friday, January 1, 2010

2009-2010

The top 5 things I am thankful for:
1. My perfect baby boy. He has brought so much joy into our lives and we are so thankful for him. He is happy. He is healthy. He is just perfect.
2. My amazing best friend, my husband Derek. He has been so great to me and Gavin. He has been so supportive, I am not sure what I would do without him. He is my rock. He makes me so happy. He makes me complete.
3. Our families. Not sure words can describe how thankful we are for them. They have done so much for us and have been such a tremendous support system for us. They are the reason we wanted a family of our own. So one day our children would feel the same way.
4. My God. He is the reason for all that I am thankful for. He is the one who makes this all possible each and every day. He is the one who listens to me and helps me when I am not sure what to do. He is my strength.
5. Our jobs and our home. We are thankful that we are able to live life with what we need. We are able to give Gavin what he needs. A warm home and those who love him. It is all we need.

Top one thing I miss:
1. Grandma. There is still not a day I don't think about her and how much I miss her. I think about what she would be saying, how she would say it, and I think about her laughter. Oh, how I miss her. I am sad that Gavin did not get to meet her. I am sad that Gavin will now know her. I miss our daily conversations...sometimes about nothing. Even though I miss her terribly, I also am thankful for a chance to grow up with her by my side. I miss you Grandma!

Top 5 things I want to improve this year:
1. I want to grow to be a better wife and mother. I want to take each day slower and cherish what I have and have been given.
2. I want to be a better daughter and daughter in law. I feel like I have sometimes taken my family for granted lately because I have been so consumed with being a new parent. I want to work on this.
3. My cooking. I want to learn to cook more...more than the same 5 things I already know!
4. My patience...enough said. I am not very patient. I need to work on this.
5. Being a better friend. Again, wish to re-connect with some friends that I have not been close with lately.

Top 5 things I am looking forward to in 2010:
1. Gavin, Gavin, Gavin. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us!
2. Vacations with the family.
3. My first niece Annabelle being born. I can't wait to meet her and spoil her.
4. Taking a trip back to Ohio sometime this spring...again, meeting Annabelle:)
5. The memories that we will make as a family:)

1 comment: