Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bath Boy


Gavin is starting to really love his bath at night. We have found that it is KEY to give him a bath WAY before he starts to get tired. Gavin has had a bath EVERY single night of his life...it is our routine. We always would wait for that one sign that he is starting to get tired, and plop him in the bath and he would be fine...Well, not anymore! When he is tired, he is TIRED! If we wait too late, he will SCREAM THE ENTIRE TIME! He will also scream the entire time he is getting dressed. Tonight was perfection. Gavin took a (gasp) 3 HOUR NAP this afternoon, which is something he never really does. If he makes it 2 hours we are dancing for joy:) So when he woke up from his nap he was in a beautiful mood. By beautiful, I mean he was patient with dinner (usually fusses and cries while we are heating up dinner), he was happy as can be, he played with us and his toys with no problems, he crawled ALL over this house, and he really enjoyed his bath:) Maybe one day this kind of schedule will stick!

Notice his red knees (it does not bother him at all)...he really is non-stop crawling...and also notice his huge belly:)

Also, we have started to really get his face wet...because Friday was his first Swim Lesson!!! We (unfortunately) did not get any pictures because it was just me there, and I was in the pool with him the entire time...but he did GREAT! He was just staring at everyone for the first few minutes, but then he warmed up and started to move. We practiced "big arms" and "kicking legs." We did exercises and would "swim" to get certain objects or balls. Of course Gavin just sucked on the ball and rubber ducky the whole time, but that's OK:) One thing he did that I thought was so sad was shiver so much! I have no idea why he did this because the water was warm---like bath water...and none of the other babies were shivering! I kept rubbing his back and arms to make him stop:( (I know its pathetic that I think this is sad, but I hate to see my baby cold!) At the end of class the swim teacher said that next week we are going UNDER water:) Just as she said this, Gavin squirmed out of my arms and even though I caught him, it was a little too late. He went under...didn't cry, but probably swallowed a gallon of baby pee pool water:)

No comments:

Post a Comment