Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lately...

Oh how Gavin is changing so much each and every day! I wanted to write down a few new things he is doing at almost 8 and a half months.

He now makes a smacking sound with his lips and mouth when he is hungry or wants something to eat. As soon as I start imitating him, he does it even more and more until he gets some food:)

He crawls around and pulls up on everything, and now can open all cabinets and drawers...Now he knows that there is stuff in them he goes straight to them all the time. We don't yet have childproof locks on them...I just moved all the harmful stuff/stuff he can't have to higher places...We might cave soon and just get locks!

Gavin now eats lots of finger foods, and will want anything we are eating. He has still has mostly fruits and veggies (raw and cooked) and rice/oatmeal/quinoa. His new favorites are raw celery sticks and carrot sticks. I thought it was because it felt good on his gums, but after today I realized that it is because he is eating them! I looked down and we was holding onto 2 celery strings...ate the entire stick! He also loves apples too...I just peel it and give him a big piece, and 3o minutes later it is gone! I have given him little bits of bread here and there and also turkey...he loves these too:) We still have yet to find a food he does NOT like. Hehe:)

Gavin seems to be a lot louder now too. He babbles "babababaBABABAbababa" all the time. I swear, this baby is SO loud! When he is happy he is loud, and when he is mad he is even louder! We went to story time today at the library and Gavin was ALL OVER THE PLACE! All the other babies sit in their mom's lap and look up at the librarian who sings. Every once in a while a baby will move a little, but for the most part they stay put. Oh no, NOT Gavin!!! He is all over everyone and everything! The librarian always says to let the babies do what they want, so I do! Gavin is crawling up to each and every mom and baby/toddler in the room, smiling and pulling himself up on them...and makes his way around the room (his eyes still making sure I am there EVERY minute or so). He will also try to eat others snacks or pacifiers too...so I have to be close by when I see this. Oh, and if there is a cord (to the CD player or anything plugged in) or cell phone within a 20 foot radius then Gavin makes a b line for it...::sigh:: This baby keeps me on my feet!

Gavin now crawls up to his toy box (or toy bin in living room) and will pick out a toy to play with. He will pull it out and drop it on the floor, then plop down on his bottom to play with it! I don't know why, but I was so amazed when I saw this today!

This is all very exciting, but I still get a little sad that my BABY is turning into such a big boy SO fast! Day to day he does something new and different, and I get sad that he is growing up so fast:( Soo that's why I write this down, because before I know it, he is on to a new thing, and I don't wanna forget these things!

After entering Gavin in the Parents Magazine Cutest Kid Cover contest:

Me-"Seriously, Derek. Look. Look how freaking cute Gavin is." (While looking at Gavin's picture next to ALL the other babies pictures)
Derek-"I know. Yes. He is really cute."
Me-"I mean, seriously, look at him. I mean, I don't want to sound mean, but these other babies are not NEARLY as cute as Gavin. Really. They are not. I mean LOOK!"
Derek-"Yeah. I know. You are right, Huh, he IS SO cute. But babe, do you think we are a little biased???"
Me-"Hmm, Yeah maybe, but LOOK HOW ADORABLE he is!"

2 comments:

  1. Gavin...you are such a big boy! It is amazing all the new things you are learning every day. Keep up that curious nature! I can't wait for you to win the Cutest Kid Contest...and yes, Michelle, Gavin is ADORABLE...it's not just you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie:) Watch out, Kaylin will be this big before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete