Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{Gavin 11 Months}

Dear Gavin,

Today you turn 11 months old, and I cannot believe that the one year mark is right around the corner. I just finished looking at the pictures we took when you were born, and how small you used to be...and how much you have changed.

Every day I wake up and I am excited for the day to come. I miss you while you are sleeping at night. When you get in bed with us I can't wait to see your smiles. And touch your soft skin. And smell your clean chubby body. When I bring you to bed the first thing you do is nurse. You act like you are starving...well, maybe you are because I am always starving in the morning too. You are very peaceful and happy to nurse...that is until you hear your dad next to us. As soon as you so much as hear him breathe, you flip over and want to play. You pat him on the face and tell him to wake up...in your on words. We spend the next 15 minutes in bed. All three of us, together. It is my favorite time. You talk and talk and talk. Da-da, dadddyyy, da, da, ma-ma, ba-ba, and a few other things we cannot understand. It is so cute.

You really don't like to sit still, and you are always on the move. Always. Sometimes it is very tiring because you are all over...no matter where we are. I used to think that I would be able to take you out shopping with me, and you would sit in the stroller and play with a toy...WOW was I wrong! You start to squirm about 5 minutes after sitting in the stroller. Unless we are walking to the park. You know this route, and you sit still for this walk:) That brings us to car rides. You are not a big fan of these either, because you are strapped down, but you have gotten better. You can tolerate a 30 minute drive now, as long as I entertain you the entire time:) You are such the little explorer.

You are now walking everywhere. You do not crawl anymore, and you are so proud of yourself. We are even more proud! You explore everywhere we go by walking around and shouting things...we have no idea what you are saying, but you sure do! You usually hold things in each hand, and bring them back and forth...pick them up, walk with them, and then turn around and walk somewhere else. You are usually carrying toys, cars, or sticks and rocks if we are outside. Everyone we see asks me how old you are...and then they are amazed when I say 10 months...almost 11! You caught on to walking VERY quickly! It is so cute to see you on the move.

I talk about this a lot, but you just love to eat. You will eat pretty much anything we cut up and put on your tray. Pasta is always a favorite, and same with fruit. You like so many different types of food including Afghan, Mexican, Italian, and of course American. You don't get spoons or forks or plates...these things go flying and it is sometimes dangerous! You drink water from a sippy cup, but this goes flying as soon as you are finished with it. That's how we know you are finished with dinner. Sippy cup on the floor.

Wherever we go you take a great interest in touching anything and everything we are near. Big or small, you want to explore. You have gotten a little better about not putting everything in your mouth...you only put stuff in your mouth about 50% of the time now...opposed to 99% a few months ago. Your latest favorite thing to put in your mouth is rocks, dry leaves, grass, and little wood chips. If we stay away from these things, we are usually OK. You are also very sneaky. You will hoard these things in your chubby little hands, and then when I am not looking, you will stuff them in your mouth. You manage to get things inside the house all the time because I forget to check your sneaky hands:)

You are still nursing about 4 times a day, and this is still going very well. I can only nurse you when you are tired because this is the only time you will sit still. It is one of my favorite times of the day. I am going to have a hard time giving this one up one day!

Although you love to hang out with me a daddy all day, you really love when you see your Grandma Dayle. She watches you when mommy goes to work, and also when mommy needs to get some errands done. You smile so big when you see her, and you jump out of our arms to be in hers. You have SO much fun with her, and you know when you see her that you are about to have lots of fun...we can see it in your face. You and your Grandma have a really special bond. I never worry when you are with Grandma, we know you are in the best hands in the world.

We are so excited for the month to come...your Grandma Podie is coming to see us and you are turning one. I am sure I will take a million more pictures before the big day!

This summer has been so much fun so far...and we look forward to whats next with you!

We love you little man,

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Happy 11 Months Gavin! What a blessing you are : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful letter! Keep them coming along with all the pictures.
    Love
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete