Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back to NO dairy!

Just when I thought G was doing great with the dairy (that I introduced to my diet) he has now developed an entire body rash of hives/eczema. Ugh! It started a few days ago on his back...and we thought it could be from the strawberry we gave him for the first time. Now a few days later, it is all over his whole body. He has also been having a LOT of gas (More than the usual) and today we found some blood in his poop...) The only different thing I have done is eat dairy. Maybe too much. Just cheese and things with butter in them, but it is dairy none the less. Just when I was thinking we were in the clear!!! SO, after spending a LOT of time talking to the pediatric allergy doctor, he told me that most likely it is from the dairy. Even though I have been eating it for almost 3 weeks, he said sometimes it takes that long for GI symptoms to surface, and rashes to develop. It is common for this to happen (when babies have this problem) and he may just not be old enough yet to tolerate cows milk protein. Ugh! I am really not bummed because that means I cannot eat diary, I just wanted Gavin to be able to enjoy cheese, yogurt, and other stuff. Looks like we are headed to Whole Foods to get soy yogurt and cheese.

For now I am going to eliminate it from my diet again (2 weeks clearance) and we will see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Michele I am so sorry because I know you were enjoying the cheese. Gavin you have a wonderful Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bummer...so sorry to hear about the rash and the dairy restiction again. You're such a good mommy though for making that sacrifice for Gavin!

    ReplyDelete