Saturday, October 1, 2011

New MINIVAN!

I am still in shock that I am now driving a MINIVAN!!!! Last Saturday Derek and I finally decided that we needed a new car, and it needed to be a lot bigger. We looked at SUV's, crossovers, and then minivans. I already knew I liked that Sienna, as my sister got one last year, and its so nice! But of course, we wanted to make sure that we did not want something a little smaller. So we looked and looked. After finding the Sienna and comparing to the others, we knew the van was the best choice. The space is unbelievable. The convenience is amazing. I am IN love with this car. Ahem, I mean minivan. 

Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner last Saturday night, and then stayed and watched G so we could go "look" at new cars. We ended up buying one that night, and drove it home:) It is a 2011 Toyota Sienna, fully loaded:) Since its almost the end of the year, we got a good deal, and Derek proved his good negotiation skills...I am in heaven.

This van has room for both kids, plus a back row, while keeping space in the very back for the strollers. The automatic doors, trunk, and start button are amazing. Gavin keeps saying "No key hole in Van!!!" One thing that it came with is a DVD player...and we have not told G about this one yet...we both love how he talks to us and observes everything while driving...I would hate for his head to be glued to a TV screen while we drive....so we decided that the DVD player is JUST for long road trips...meaning more than a few hours! 

Gavin LOVES his "new car" and has a ton of fun exploring it. It is like a jungle gym for him:) He is also so proud that he can get up in his seat by himself...and loves his "Sunsade" (sunshade). He still has a little attachment to my old car, and looks for it in the morning. It is parked on the street, and he says "Momma car all dirty, drive NEW VAN!" I agree:)

Last but not least, is the REAL navigation! I have had a small hand held navigation since I moved here, as it was a necessity moving to a new city...three different times in the last 5 years. Now I have a real navigation system, and I am so excited to learn to use it. I still get lost going places, and really rely on my navigation. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment