Friday, October 7, 2011

Outsmarted by the 2 year old!

Last night was night #1 with the broken paci. Derek and I are STILL in shock at how the night turned out!

Right before bed, Gavin went to grab his paci/blankie while we were reading books. He remembered paci was broken, and told Daddy all about it. Then Gavin said to us, "Paci broken, throw away now."

Derek and I looked at him in complete shock, and reminded him that if we threw it away it would be gone, and there are no more. I honestly did not believe Gavin when he told us this.

Gavin said "Tay here, Davin be right back" and he ran to the kitchen, and THREW HIS PACI AWAY! Derek and I followed behind quietly, still in shock. That was it!

Gavin got in bed, and went right to sleep. Slept for 11 hrs with no waking up and caring about paci!

This morning he told Derek that "Paci broken. Paci for baby. Davin not baby" ! ! ! ! !

Again, still in shock here. Who ever knew it could be so easy! I really feel outsmarted by Gavin...I mean, of course, throw it away if its broken....like we do everything....but I never thought HE would be the one to decide this!

Cutting the tip from his paci was GENIUS!!! (and I will take all the credit:)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!!! That is so AWESOME!!!! Great job Gavin (and Michele!!!!). I know...for a fact...it will not go as smoothly for us...haha. But, thanks for the encouragement : ) We may try it as early as Sunday...we shall see! But I am going to use the cut method! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete