Tuesday, July 10, 2012

{Austin 5 Months}

Dear Baby Austie,

Today you turn 5 months old. It seems like yesterday when you were born. I still can't believe that it has almost been 1/2 a year!!!

I keep having flashbacks of the night of your birth. I remember waking up at midnight, and thinking it was time...but I was scared the contractions would go away, so I just ignored it. I got up and did some laundry and watched TV. Then they started coming faster....and faster. I woke up daddy at 2am and told him we needed to go. We got all packed up, and said goodbye to Cincinnati Ma, who thankfully was at our house! (Big brother was fast asleep) We drove to the hospital, stopped once for a contraction, and got there at 3am. We were checked in to the room by 3:30, and they were frantically doing all the admission work and set up. I was in an enormous amount of pain, and I knew that things were moving fast. Then they checked me, and I was only 4cm dilated! I thought how in the world could this be??? Then, within 45 minutes, I was in transition and ready to have you! Dr. Teagle was not even at the hospital yet, she thought I had HOURS before I would deliver. I started pushing on my own, against the nurses advice (They were just nervous bc they knew they were going to have to deliver you!) and you were born just minutes after I started pushing! Our nurses were amazing, and did a great job....they had no choice! (This reminded me why I NEVER want to be a labor and delivery nurse;) There you were. Right to my chest, and so sweet. You cried a little, and then snuggled in and nursed for a few hours. It was beautiful and a dream come true. Everything from start to finish was just perfect, painful, but perfect. I will always be so proud of myself for having you naturally, because I really feel like it gave us the right start (and a million more reasons)...and I will always be proud of your daddy for all his support and help...he kept me sane and focused...could not have done a single minute without him. I needed him more than ever...to help me through the pain, and that's what he did. After a few hours I was able to walk around with you and I felt pretty good! Your birth will always be perfect to me:)

Now on to your little personality! You sure have a voice. You sing, talk, yell, and coo all day long. The laughing is adorable...you mainly laugh when being tickled and then when your brother does something funny....which is a lot! It is the sweetest thing in the world is watching you boys together, and seeing you smile at him. Melts my heart.

The moving. Oh my the moving. Put you down on the play mat at one end of the room, and in under 3 minutes you will roll to the other side of the room. Roll both ways over and over. You now sit up unassisted for about a minute...and then topple on your face. You love to jump. Jump all day long in peoples arms. One little accident last week...you were in your exersaucer (the one that is stationary, and goes around the center). This thing is supposed to be stationary, but since you move so much, you actually move it(the entire thing!)....and you got so close to the step in the kitchen and fell off the step! OOPS! We had no idea you had gotten that close, and you went down on your side...cried for a moment, and then you were fine. Had a little bruise on your forehead:( I felt terrible, but I have a feeling that this will be the first of many boo-boo's! I now have TWO boys who are very VERY active!

Sleep. Yeah, see the previous posts about that. We are hopeful that it is getting better.

You are nursing on demand during the day. Sometimes every 2 hours and sometimes every 4. Just depends. If we are out, you prefer to just snack, as there is too much action going on around you. You are a big boy, and it seems like pure muscle! Most babies have lots of chub...but you have chub and muscle...like a little body builder:)

You are in 9mo clothes and size 3 diapers. You need a haircut bad! Your bangs are in your eyes, and your mullet in the back is pretty long. I know, sounds kinda bad, but seriously? A 5mo old getting a haircut??? I guess we need to trim it a little:)

Oh Austie, we sure love you!!!

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment