Sunday, June 28, 2009

"If you want to see God laugh, make a plan"

This quote makes so much sense right now!

Right now I am reading "My Sisters Keeper" and I just came across this quote. It really made me think. Even though we had a plan for this pregnancy and this baby, the plan was just that-a plan. Really I know that it is up to God and only he knows the outcome. I keep thinking that everything I do or don't do is going to control the exact way this all plays out, and I am realizing that it is not up to me anymore, it is up to God. It never was up to me. When I think about it this way I realize that this is the way it has been all along. From this point I am going to try my best to do less "planning" and work more on my trust and faith in God.

I can just hear Grandma's voice "I told you so, just trust in God, he WILL take care of you." She always told me this whenever I was worried or upset about something. Although at times I still believed that I had some control over things, it was always so comforting to hear her say this.

In the mean time even if I cannot control this situation, I CAN remember what I am thankful for and what is true in my life.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He has been my rock, reassuring me over and over what I have said above, even when I was too worried and scared to listen. He takes such good care of me, all the time.

I am thankful for our amazing families. Everyone has been so supportive and so hopeful, which is exactly what we need. My Mom and Sister have been just a phone call away, sometimes that's all I need.

I am thankful for my mother in law, Dayle. She has been here at the house almost every single day to take care of me. She has not only made sure I am well rested, she has taken care of this house and all that goes along with it...I am not sure what we would do without her. I am truly thankful.

I am thankful for everyone's prayers.

I am thankful that my little baby is still happy and healthy inside me. Every day I am thankful.

I am thankful for my great Doctor and Nurse...Having a great medical team can make a world of difference!

I am thankful for my friends who have come to visit me. It gets pretty lonely around here and its nice to have some normal conversations!

There is so much more I am thankful for, these are just to name a few:)

No comments:

Post a Comment