Thursday, June 4, 2009

29 weeks and lots of kicking!

Today makes me 29 weeks pregnant, only 11 weeks to go! Not much has changed from last week, and I am still feeling him kicking all the time. I have read that its now about time to do some "kick counts" to make sure he is moving enough...and I have not even felt the need to do this because it is rare that I do not feel him moving:)

I am now realizing that I have grown out of the few maternity pants and capri's that I have and am not fitting in my clothes anymore...again! I had no idea that maternity clothes would not last the entire pregnancy! I guess I just thought that maternity meant no matter how big I get...boy was I wrong! Thankfully, when I was in Ohio last month, my mom took me out maternity clothes shopping and I have some new capris and shirts to wear...thanks Mom!!!

I am still feeling pretty good all the time, I have just been getting pretty tired at work lately. Usually work tires me out, so right now it is really tiring me out! The best days are when I have mostly small babies because then I don't have to do a lot of heavy lifting and bending...two things that are getting hard to do. (And, of course, babies are my favorite patients to take care of:) For some reason this week we had a lot of teenagers on the floor and its no fun having to move them around after surgery! (I swear teenage boys can be bigger babies than real babies!!!:)

Baby Moore must be getting bigger and bigger more quickly than before because my appetite has increased so much! I am now able to still eat my frequent meals (maybe 5 a day) but I am able to eat quite a bit each time! The other night we had dinner at Derek's Parents house and I ate three plates of spaghetti! I kept getting more because I was still hungry and realized that I had just had so much food and I was not even that full!

For the past month or so I have had this urge/need to start getting all the baby stuff/clothes ready! I know its still a few months away, but I can't help it! Not only do I have to have everything clean and organized, I want to have all baby stuff ready too:) I have always been this way about things...when we moved I had the apartment packed starting at least a month before...when we go on vacation I usually pack at least a week in advance...so it does not surprise me that I need to get this done before his big arrival...I guess its just my personality! So unless my nesting phase wears out, this might be what I am doing for the next 11 weeks:)

Here is sneak peek at the crib in the nursery...It has been SO fun to get all this stuff ready!



And while we are slowly getting things ready for the baby, this is what the cat does...

***He sure looks excited!

Baby Development This Week:
Baby is now somewhere between 2.5-3 pounds and around 15 inches long...the size of a butternut squash! His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and his head is getting bigger for his growing brain:)







No comments:

Post a Comment