Saturday, June 13, 2009

More week 30 and updates

Yesterday I went back to Dr Jaki so she could check to see if I was dilating. I had been having regular contractions most of the day so she just wanted to make sure. Thank God I have not dilated and I am still the same 50% effaced. She thinks the meds I am an are no longer working because my body has built up a tolerance. So...after that she sent me back to L&D at the hospital so that I could get my first dex shot (a shot given to me to help speed up the development of the baby's lungs). I will go back to the hospital today for the second dose and then I will be done. As for now the plan is to stay on bed rest and monitor my contractions. If they become worse or painful I will call L&D and most likely go in. In the mean time I will see Dr. Jaki at the office 2 times a week so she can check to see if I am dilating. The past few days I have been having contractions all the time...every time I move positions or get up, every time the baby moves, and then some hours I will have them regularly every 5 minutes. So its kinda hard to tell when I should be worried because they are happening so frequently. I guess we are just taking it hour by hour, day by day.

I promise to get some 30 week pics up soon...as soon as I feel like getting in front of the camera:)

Baby Development This Week:
Baby is now around 3 pounds and 15 inches long...The size of a cabbage:) We had an ultrasound on Wednesday and it confirms that he is right on target for 30 weeks. Baby Moore is moving around all the time and even has the hiccups every once in a while:)

No comments:

Post a Comment