Wednesday, July 1, 2009

33 Weeks + Good News

Today is 33 weeks! Only 7 weeks to go (We hope and pray:)

Baby Moore has been moving all the time and he is starting to make me a little uncomfortable! Up until now I have been pretty comfortable (Minus the contractions). Now that he is growing a lot bigger each week, I really feel it! My ribs seem to be in the way and my bladder is no longer mine! I think he has decided that they are in his way so he just moves them out of the way--ouch! Derek thinks its pretty funny when I lay on the couch and stretch my arms out above my head in an attempt to make my torso longer so he stops jabbing me in the ribs:)

As for the contractions, I am just living with them and trying to ignore them. When they happen randomly, it is no big deal. I don't even really notice those ones as much as the constant ones. I would say that they are still happening every 3-5 minutes for an hour or so about 3-4 times a day. It really helps when I lay in bed during these times because it makes it more comfortable for me. I have not had any of the medicine in 2 days now as it was no longer working. I did not notice a difference in the frequency or duration of the contractions after the medication, so I weaned myself off of it. If it is not helping then there is no need to take it. I just hope I can stay off of it (and any/all medications) while I am pregnant...

Yesterday we had the 33 week doctor appointment and everything went really well! I told Dr. Jaki my concerns about the contractions and how I am concerned that they are causing harm to the baby. She reassured me that they should not be causing any harm, but she knows me (and the nurse in me) and I wanted some proof! So she did an ultrasound to look at the fluid around the baby, and she wanted to make sure there was enough. She measured the fluid and everything looked absolutely normal:) After that she checked my cervix and it remains unchanged, not dilated! Belly measured 34cm, a little ahead of schedule, so that's good too! Oh, did I mention that I gained 2 pounds in the past week?!?! So I think it is safe to say I don't "need" any more milkshakes...but I still want them:) The next thing we did was a "Contraction Stress Test" where she put me on the monitor to measure the contractions and the baby's heartbeat. She had me lay there to monitor me for 30 minutes and I had about 10 contractions! Each time I had a contraction the baby's heartbeat remained stable in the 150's. This test was very reassuring that the baby is not being affected by the frequent contractions. Dr. Jaki said that she feels very confident that everything is progressing normally in spite of the regular contractions. This appointment made me feel SO MUCH BETTER! I was able to really rest last night knowing that everything is OK. To top off a great day, on the way home Derek picked up Chipoltle for dinner because I was craving a burrito:)

Last but not least, I am so excited that my Mom is going to come here in 4 weeks!!! She originally was going to come on my due date, but no one seems to think I will make it that long, so she is coming a little early:) I am SO SO SO SO excited to have her here, I just can't wait for the next 4 weeks to go by! I love you Mom and can't wait to see you!!!

Baby Development This Week:
Baby Moore is now a little over 4 pounds and around 17-18 inches...the size of a pineapple:) He continues to gain weight (Mostly baby fat) and continues to move around all the time.


2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the contractions--I can't imagine how tough that is :( You're getting close, though, and it sounds like you've got a great man looking after you! Keeping you in my prayers {and reader!} :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess:) Its been tough but so worth all of it...

    ReplyDelete