Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9th...

Happy Anniversary Erica and Scott! I cannot believe that they have been married for 4 years:) It seems just like yesterday that Erica came home with a ring on her finger:) We are so happy for you guys:)

July 9th, 2005 is also a very special day for Derek and I...It is when we met! We really met for the first time on the 8th at Erica and Scott's rehearsal dinner at Vernon Manor. We had the rehearsal at church before dinner and that is the first time I noticed Derek. I knew everyone in the wedding party except for him. Following the rehearsal we went to the Vernon Manor for the rehearsal dinner on the rooftop. After dinner I was standing by the edge of the rooftop overlooking UC's campus. Derek came over to me and said "So, you must be Erica's sister." I remember this like it was yesterday. I thought to myself well yeah, of course...Then we started talking and I was thinking wow, who is this cute guy! Hmmm...He then asked if I was going out after the dinner and I told him probably not because Erica was not feeling well and I wanted to be with her the night before her wedding. So the night ended and we went home...Erica ended up feeling better and that's all I cared about:)

The next day, the day of the wedding, I was pretty busy being the Maid of Honor...It was so much fun and so exciting as this was such a big day:) The day went as planned and the ceremony was perfect. I do remember at one point glancing over to see Derek's face...and thinking, wow, he is really cute!

After the ceremony we went to the reception which was perfect as well. I was really really nervous about giving my maid of honor speech. I remember being so scared, but it went well and I did end up crying...I knew I would. After the speech I was so relieved that it was over and I just wanted to have fun...and then I immediately thought, where is that cute groomsman Derek....hmmm. Just as I started to see if I saw him, he popped up in front of me and told me how good my speech was. I believe that I said some things too, but I cannot say what here on the blog...lets just say that I had already had a few glasses of champagne because I was so nervous about the speech. We spent the night dancing, talking, dancing, and I was so happy! The rest is history:)

I still remember all of these events like they were yesterday...Such a special day:) I love you D!

No comments:

Post a Comment