Friday, July 17, 2009

35 weeks!

Each week that I write these numbers I feel so much better. I can't believe that it is already 35 weeks...as when this all started we said that if I got to 36 weeks it would be perfect! So, now here I am at 35 weeks and I feel great! (Minus some little issues)

Contractions still the same, if not maybe a little more frequent than before. I have started to need the medicine every 12 hours again. Even when I am not having constant contractions I still feel really sore! I feel like I have been doing about 500 sit-ups a day...maybe these contractions are making my abs stronger?!?? Ha, I wish! Other than that I feel pretty good and have just remained here at home in bed or on the couch. The little man has been moving a lot and only sleeps for about 30 minute periods. I feel very in tune with my body and his schedule, and I am sure that is because all I do is sit here and have the time to know and feel whats going on! It is pretty neat to be able to experience this part of my pregnancy, and I know I would not be this "in-tune" with everything if I was busy on the go at work! So really its a blessing to me.

Thursday we had my 35 week appointment and it was nice and quick! My weight was up a pound (Thank God not 2 again!) and my belly measured 37cm. Baby had a nice heart beat and Dr. Jaki said he is still head down and probably around 5 pounds...Which was GREAT to hear! She wants me to continue to take the medication to stop the contractions for another week (until week 36) and then I can slow down or even stop. Dr. Jaki was very pleased with how everything looked and she even said that next week she will start treating my pregnancy as a "Normal Pregnancy" again! (Meaning we are out of the danger zone, and whatever happens, happens!)

As always, I am excited that it is almost the weekend...because Derek is home! There are usually projects that he gets done on the weekend, and even though I can't help, at least I can watch (At least I have SOMETHING to watch!) Last weekend he built some new shelving in the garage to store all our stuff...and so we would be able to park BOTH of our cars inside! It has been over a year since we have lived here and now we are finally able to park in our garage!!!

Now at 35 weeks it is only 2 more weeks until Mom gets here! Not only am I excited for her to be here, but I will feel so much more comfortable getting up and doing things because I will be 37 weeks:) I have a very LONG list of things that need to be done around here...

Baby Development This Week:
Baby is now around 5 pounds and the size of a honeydew melon! Gah! A Melon! That is sure what he feels like, but it still sounds so big! His major development is now complete and he is now just packing on the pounds...about 1/2 a pound a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment