Saturday, July 25, 2009

36 Weeks*9 MONTHS PREGNANT!

I can't believe that it has been 9 months since we found out I was pregnant...9 months!!! I never imagined that the time would pass so fast, yet so slow...and the time is finally near! I feel GREAT knowing that this little man could come any time now! I really hope he will wait for his Grandma Gunderson to get here though!

I am finally able to get excited again about everything now! I have been so worried the past 2 months that I really have not been able to fully enjoy everything....now I feel like I can enjoy everything again! I feel great, a little large, but great. My belly feels like it may explode soon, but I guess that's what everyone who is pregnant feels like!

Baby Moore is still able to move around quite a bit, and has no problem pushing every major organ of mine out of the way. Right now as I sit here I think my stomach is in my throat. Not a great feeling, but that's OK! He is still head down and I am pretty sure he will not be making any major moves into any other positions...there is just not any more room to do that!

This past week I have felt good enough to go out to lunch with Dayle a few times. I know that this does not sound like something that I should be doing while on bed rest, but believe me, there is no difference. We only went to places where I could just get out of the car and go directly to a seat....it only takes 30 minutes total...and I have felt great both times....no contractions! I think if anything, being able to sit outside to eat lunch, with fresh air and (gasp) people around has been really good for me...really good for my mind and spirit. I do admit, some days I feel like I might be going insane, and it is really nice to have a change, any change!!!

We had my 36 week appointment on Thursday and everything went well. I saw a different Dr. this time because mine was out of town. The Dr. we saw was really nice and pretty funny...so that was good! Now I have met 5 of the 11 doctors from the group. (Whoever is on-call at the hospital when I go into labor is who will deliver the baby) My weight for this week was up a little bit, OK a LOT. 4 POUNDS! Ha! I told the nurse that the scale must be broken and there was no way that it could be true. She just looked at me like I was crazy! Anyways, blood pressure was perfect, belly measured what it should, and baby's heartbeat was strong. When the Dr was measuring my belly he said to me "Well, he feels like a pretty nice size at this point. I bet if you make it to term you will be having a 8.5 pound baby!" HUH! Ha, that was funny, really funny! But as I told him, I would LOVE a big little baby...after this entire scare of him coming early, I would be thrilled with a nice size baby, even if it means a little big!

Baby Development This Week:
Baby is now almost 6 pounds and around 18inches. (Size of a Crenshaw Melon!) He is packing on about 1/2 a pound a week right now. By the end of this week, he will be considered full term!

No comments:

Post a Comment