Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago today, I was put on bedrest. I still cannot believe that it was an ENTIRE year ago that the whole preterm labor scare happened. Wow, it is amazing that time goes so fast.

I think this day, June 9th, was the scariest day of my life. I know everything turned out just perfect, but it was still very scary for me. I remember thinking that I would give ANYTHING to just be able to carry Gavin to full term and for everything to be OK...and most importantly, I just wanted to have a healthy baby. I still look at this experience as being a blessing though...because it has really made me appreciate all the small things, and big things. Having a very healthy baby is God's greatest gift to me, and I know that I will never forget this.

I know that going through this experience, and being in the profession that I am in, makes me appreciate all of this on a deeper level. I still have a hard time when I hear people say "all I want is a boy" or "all I want is a girl" or "I need this and that..." and these "must haves" never include simply a healthy baby. I know they mean well, and I am sure that's what they want, its just hard to hear those words sometimes. I feel so blessed to be where I am, and my heart hurts for those who cannot experience all of this. It really is a dream come true, and I will never forget God giving me this opportunity.

It is starting to get pretty warm here, and all I can keep thinking about is how last year I was STUCK on the couch, needed all my meals cooked for me, all my cleaning done for me, pretty much everything I could not do. I am still as thankful as ever for Derek and Dayle, as they really took on everything. Now I am THRILLED that we can enjoy this summer as a family:):)

I could not ask for more!

2 comments:

  1. It is AMAZING all that has happened in just 1 year!!! What a blessing Gavin has been to you and Derek and everyone else he meets, including us : ) You have such a sweet little boy, we are all so grateful things turned out the way they did! Treasure every moment with him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Dayle and Derek for taking such good care of my little Girl Michele and of course the beautiful outcome Gavin.

    ReplyDelete