Friday, June 11, 2010

Really???


I guess this is what I get for putting Gavin in this ADORABLE outfit and trying to take his picture. It was a beautiful morning, and we were having fun just playing outside. As soon as I turned the camera on and said "smile Gavin!" this is the face I got. For over 20 pictures, he would not stop making this face. Really Gavin??? I was laughing pretty hard...

On another note, Gavin had his last swim class today and "graduated" to the next level. He is now able to go under water when I say "One, two, three, big breath, eyes in!" He does really well with this when he is RIGHT in front of me and we are face to face. If I am on his side and he is not concentrating enough, he will swallow water when he goes under...we just need to work on him hearing the phrase, being patient to wait for me to finish saying it, and more practice. Gavin also will float on his back (with my help of course!) and then he will flip over and go under water. The last skill he mastered is sitting on the edge of the pool, "jumping" to me and going under, and then I turn his body towards the edge of the pool and he reaches his arms out to grab the ledge as he is coming up out of the water. This task was a pretty hard one to learn, so we will do a lot of practice in Florida! Gavin now kicks his legs while he is swimming, and I don't even need to say "kick, kick, kick!" He really loves the water! Michelle, our swim coach was the best there is! She was so helpful and taught us mom's a lot about how to teach the babies. We went over a LOT of safety tips, and the biggest one that she taught us is very simple. WE are our babies safety...they should NEVER be out of our arms while we are in the pool. No floatation devices (Except life jackets) and NEVER to assume they are doing well and we can look away or even get out of the pool. She was really a great teacher!

Looking forward to Florida next week!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the picture...haha!!! Good job G on graduating from your swin class! It sounds like you are doing sooo well! As a teacher, I would give you a gold star : ) I really really hope we get Michelle as our teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest smile Gavin but I must say it looks like your trying to go potty. Love you and miss you GMA

    ReplyDelete