Tuesday, April 10, 2012

{Austin 2 Months}

Dear Baby Austin,

Or should I call you "Baby Austie"...thats your big brothers newest nickname for you, and its sticking! Austie is what we are all calling you these days...so cute. Oh Austin, you have developed such a little personality these days! You smile at us, coo when you are happy, and yell when you don't want to be put down. You have a serious case of loving to be held, because you are all day long! We are always on the go, and you live in the carrier, on my chest, and you are in heaven. I have even mastered feeding you this way, and no one knows it...like I said, heaven! You are such a go with the flow little guy, and just are happy to be doing anything.

You are sleeping well at night, two nice stretches of sleep...4 and sometimes 5 hours. You are becoming a lot harder to put to sleep sometimes, requiring rocking and paci...but thats OK. You spend the last few hours of night sleep on my chest...and I love waking up to your sweet face. During the day you just sleep when you can. If we are home you will take nice naps in your bed, and while we are out you will sleep in the carseat or carrier. Like I said, you go with the flow.

You are still the best little eater. You nurse exclusively, and all is going well. This is one of my very favorite times with you...it is such a special time that you and I have, and you just stare at me and sometimes smile. I am so thankful that we can have this experience...as it was one of my favorite experiences with Gavin. I have managed to get a ton of milk in the freezer so that we can use it when I go back to work.

Your daddy has been giving you a bottle of my milk every single night when you first wake up. This gives me some time to rest, and its a special time for you and daddy. I am such a lucky momma to be able to sleep for at least a few hours.

You roll over from tummy to back, and have been for weeks. You now have all the "infant toys" out from the attic including the exersaucer! I know you are pretty young for it, but your head control is absolutely amazing and you are super strong...you practically sit up sometimes!!! I have a feeling you will be walking at 10 months like your brother!

You are in size 1-2 diapers and 3-6mo clothes. You still "barf" as your brother says ALL the time. You love to eat, and sometimes you don't know when to stop...we guess! We are sure to always carry "barf rags" with us all the time! No big deal, we are used to it. You are definitely gaining weight, so its not an issue.

We swaddle you at night, and you sleep best this way. We ended up buying more big swaddles, as you spit up on them so much!

We look forward to the warm spring days ahead...

We sure love you little Austie!

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment