Sunday, April 15, 2012

Not sure what to title this

Not sure I will use the best language with this one! OK, here it goes! I think I might have opened my mouth too soon earlier in the week when I mentioned that "Gavin does not really throw tantrums" on this blog. HOLY HELL, he just turned TERRIBLE TWO overnight!

A few days ago he threw a really long tantrum. Followed by some serious yelling at me. 

Then today, he really did it. Tantrum after tantrum. Over really little things. He is super demanding, bossy, and VERY particular about what HE wants and what he wants US to do. OMG. OMG. OMG. Mr. BOSSY PANTS has taken over! 

We have tried and tried not to give into his demands as much as we can. Ahem, OK, Derek does not give in, but when I am alone with him and baby, I tend to just avoid these situations...and I have REALLY REALLY been trying to "choose my battles" when it comes to MR BOSSY PANTS!

Then today happened, in another way. Very VERY bad way! Gavin threw sand on on KK, hit me TWO TIMES, and kicked his daddy...all during times he was frustrated, but no matter what its not OK! So we disciplined him, and then he cried and cried and "wanted a hug" afterwards. Hmm. OMG. 

So here goes a new learning curve for us all. I started to open my "Positive Discipline" book I got a while back, but then I got overwhelmed with what I am doing wrong, or things I should be doing...blah blah, I am tired, WE are tired! We will take it day by day, but I think for now consistency is key. 

What happened to my sweet, charming, and polite two year old???

No comments:

Post a Comment