Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day in Palm Springs!

Today Derek, Gavin and I headed to Pal Springs for 4 days! Derek has to go for a business trip, and we thought that it would be fun if Gavin and I went with him. I had never been to southern California (I know!) so it was my and Gavin's first time. 

We got here this afternoon, and checked in to the very fancy Zoso Hotel downtown Palm Springs. It is 80 degrees, and sunny. Oh, and the views, they are breathtaking! We are in the middle of the desert with gorgeous mountains surrounding us on all sides. They are so pretty!

Right after we checked in, we headed out to walk around downtown. Gavin was a great traveler this morning...the flight was only an hour, and there was no time change....perfect vacation! 

After walking around, we ended up at the Italian restaurant right outside the hotel. We sat on the patio and enjoyed a very yummy pizza and some ice cold beers. Gavin has already charmed everyone we have met:)

Palm Springs reminds me a LOT of what Florida is like. Lots of old people, like a retirement community. There are tons of younger people too....some families (traveling like us) but LOTS of old people. Of course, Gavin has already made a lot of friends. The old people really like him, and he turns on the charm with them:) Right before dinner we met a little lady who really reminded me of Grandma "DB." I could picture Grandma and Grandpa "DB" here with their friends....especially on St. Patrick's Day!!! (All dressed up of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment