Monday, March 28, 2011

This weeks updates

-The past few days Gavin has been taking an almost 3 hour nap. The boy must be growing. Last week at his doctor appointment he was almost 27lbs. That's why my back hurts.

-Gavin cried at the park yesterday (threw a tantrum) because he could not have someone else's sand shovel. While he was crying to me, he was telling me "Push, pusssshhhhh, push" meaning he wanted to push the boy! HAHA able to verbalize his frustrations...good work!

-Bedtime has been different the past 7 days...Last Monday I asked Gavin if he was ready for bed, and then proceeded to put him in his bed without nursing. He normally would have been upset, but that was not the case! He laid down in his crib, and went to sleep. Gavin is officially weaned!

-We have 2 big trips planned in the next few months. In April we will be going to Ohio for Easter. We are thrilled to see everyone, and meet baby Noah. Oh, and I am so happy Gavin will get to have an Easter egg hunt with his cousins. Next, in May, we are going to HAWAII! Gavin and I have both never been, so we are super excited about the Moore Family Hawaii trip!

-Gavin's sleeping habits are more than perfect right now. Just when we decided to do a bunch of traveling! Fingers crossed that since he is a big boy now, the traveling may get easier:)

-I can't wait to hold my new nephew. And kiss his cheeks. And smell his new baby smell:)

-Gavin pee'd on the kitchen floor today while I was showering. I swear he is supervised all the time. Just minus the time I need a quick shower. While I shower I call his name every 30 seconds to see what he is doing....I think it usually keeps him out of trouble. When I call for him he comes running to the bathroom to tell me what he is doing....usually nothing, just talks about his toys. Well, today he came running to me and was VERY concerned about something. He immediately ran off, shouting about his concern. I got out of the shower, and went to see what he was doing. He was standing in front of the puddle of pee, yelling "MESSSSS." I said "Oh no" and then GAVIN HANDED ME A TOWEL! Little stinker.

-Gavin says "ShhhDow" when we go to Grandma's house now. Shadow and Gavin are friends...Well, Shadow knows Gavin will give him like 20 treats, so Shadow is always gentle with Gavin. The treats make up for the rough "gentle" pets!

-Today, the ENTIRE day, it has been SUNNY! We have had rain and cold weather for the last few weeks....We have missed our sunshine! G and I spent most of the morning outside, and will continue to do so when he wakes up. Seriously, we are going on 3 hours now.

-Gavin's sandbox got filled with water from one of the storms last week. So Daddy and Gavin emptied the water, and each day, we take the sand out and spread it across the concrete to dry. Sounds stupid, but Gavin LOVES this kind of activity, and I have been getting a workout. We both win.

-I just thought about this today. Gavin NEVER poops while he is sleeping/in his crib. We have not had to get up to change a diaper in probably over a year. I am thankful there have never been any yucky diaper mishaps! (Fingers crossed, I remember a certain little girl I used to babysit for would get IN her poopy diaper and PLAY with it. haha)

-That's all the updates for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment