Friday, March 18, 2011

Downtown Palm Springs

Today after the Zoo, Gavin and I headed back to the hotel, dropped off the car, and walked downtown for some lunch. We stayed right in the heart of Palm Springs, so it was so nice to just walk out the door and have so much to do and see.

We walked over to CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) because I knew it would be fast, and they have a kids meal Gavin loves. Whole grain pasta with butter and a glass of milk. He was set! We sat outside on a bench and people watched...well, I thought we would. People ended up watching Gavin....people would walk by and Gavin would talk to them, then they would stop and admire the cute little boy. Oh, and he also was showing off his monkey skills by hanging on a bar:)

As we were walking home, we walked by Ben & Jerry's and Gavin took a turn for the shop. It smelled soo good! (He walked everywhere by himself all weekend...holding hands) He walked right up to the counter and said "Yummmmm." Haha! So we sampled a few, and then decided on a chocolate brownie one. I don't think Gavin cared which one we had, he loved them all. We sat down, he had a crowd of course, and then I told them all that this was his first time having ice cream....Oh the gasps! Then people were taking pictures as well! A few seconds in to the treat, I dug my spoon in to share. Gavin pushed my hand away and said his famous phrase. "No, no, no." Hmm really Gavin? I told him he needed to share, so he did share, but he sure ate fast after that!


No comments:

Post a Comment