Thursday, March 3, 2011

Real Monkey Gavin

Here is my proof that Gavin really is a monkey. And daredevil!!! This afternoon while folding laundry, I asked G to help me put away his pants. He brought them over to his dresser, and put them away in the bottom drawer. (Or threw them around the room, and put one pair away) Then he climbed in and stood inside. He does this all the time, no big deal. I continued to fold away.

A few minutes had passed, and he was pretty quiet. I looked in at him and he was standing on the higher edge of the drawer, as if he was trying to get to the top of the dresser. He stood and thought very hard for a few seconds, and then opened the middle drawer, and climbed up inside it, and then to the TOP! Seriously, in a matter of 10 seconds, he was all the way to the top. I was in shock at how smart he was for figuring out how to use the drawers as steps, and I was also in shock that he can now climb to the top of his dresser! Of course I ran right up to him to be able to catch him if he fell, but he did just fine! No slips, like a real little monkey!

The last pics are of him reading one of his favorite books, the baby Bible! He LOVES all the animals inside, and loves to find all the “Bugs” (Ants, flies, and rodents). After story time it was time for a nap.  I know we have been pretty lucky to have made it this far without him climbing out of his crib….I am sure it will be soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment